Foreign persons who are otherwise entitled to operate a business in their home country or abroad may establish a trade representative office of their foreign company in Bulgaria. Registering a trade representative office in Bulgaria, you may apply for a long-term D visa and Bulgarian residence permit.
What benefits do I receive on Bulgarian temporary residence permit?
- You receive a Bulgarian ID card for foreigners that allows multiple entries and stay in Bulgaria;
- Holders of a Bulgarian residence permit can stay legally in Romania, Croatia and Cyprus for 90 days in any 180 days period visa free;
- You may renew your Bulgarian residency card for up to 5 years;
- Holding a temporary residence permit for 5 years, you are eligible to apply for a Bulgarian permanent residence permit;
- Foreign nationals who hold Bulgarian permanent residence and reside in Bulgaria for 183 days annually in any 60 months period can apply for a Bulgarian citizenship by naturalization;
- You enjoy a relaxed visa application process among Schengen Area countries;
- You may apply for family reunification in Bulgaria.